ALISON ELLIS, RD, MSc.
- BA Geography
- MSc. Kinesiology
- BSc. Food, Nutrition and Health majoring in Dietetics (graduated with honours)
- Completed dietetics internship with Island Health
- Completed sport nutrition internship with UBC Thunderbirds
- Member of Dietitians of Canada and the Sport Nutrition Network
- Co-author on over 10 peer-reviewed articles and two book chapters
Hello, & Welcome!
My name is Ali, and I am a registered dietitian who is passionate about supporting you with food. I have a background in kinesiology and health promotion behaviour change before returning to school to become a registered dietitian. Quite simply, I love food! And I love the powerful role food can have with how we feel. I also strongly believe that the importance of cultivating a positive relationship with food is paramount, and this has a huge impact on our food choices.
My core beliefs as a dietitian supporting your goals include:
- A client’s health is at the forefront of every nutrition intervention
- Every person is unique and has unique nutrition needs
- It is important to take a holistic approach that encompasses all factors that contribute to one’s health and specific nutrition goals
- The importance of ongoing education and staying up-to-date with nutrition research
- Empowering people to find nutrition strategies that best support them
To help you achieve your optimal nutrition, I will:
- Explore with you your personal health, and work with the science of nutrition combined with your own inner wisdom to determine a plan that works best with your body
- Explore your goals and empower you to develop strategies that support your goals
- Explore with you your psychology – your own challenges and thought processes that may be holding you back. We will challenge these and create changes by shifting your mindset
- Work with evidenced-based behaviour change strategies.
- Identify goals, and how to break those down into manageable daily actions that create sustainable long-term habits