Chewy, with a crispy exterior. These cookies are sure to be a crowd favourite!
- 2 tbsp flax, ground
- 4 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup whole oats, blended into flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- Dash salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Grind up the flax if it is not already ground. Add to a large bowl. Add the almond milk, stir and let sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Add the almond extract, sugar, coconut oil and almond butter. Stir to combine.
- Grind the oats into an oat flour. Add the oats, almond flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Stir to combine.
- Spoon out the dough into one inch balls on the lined cookie sheet. Press down slightly to flatten.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
Pro tips: Be sure to grind up the flaxseed as your body can’t break down the exterior shell, so in order to reap those wonderful flax benefits, grind em up, or purchase already ground flaxseed. Next little pro tip is once the seeds are ground up, store them in an air-tight, dark place in the fridge or freezer. I personally would suggest buying whole flaxseeds and grinding them up fresh as you go. Whole flaxseeds are a lot more easy going when it comes to storage. You could store those bad boys at room temperature for a year!
- Prep Time: 10mins
- Cook Time: 12-14min
- Category: snack
- Serving Size: 12
Keywords: Cookies, vegan, almond flour, almond butter, dairy-free